Cayuga Lake Cabins is the perfect home base for exploring the Finger Lakes this fall.
Here are our top 10 recommendations to make your visit memorable!
- Leaf Peeping – Go Anywhere! You’ll be surround by brilliant foliage everywhere you turn. While each year is different peak fall foliage season is usually late September to mid-October.
- Wine Tasting – harvest is in full swing & this is the busiest time of year at the wineries. All 16 wineries on the Cayuga Wine Trail are open for tasting and are dog friendly too!
- Hiking – Taughannock Falls State Park has the tallest freestanding waterfall on the eastern seaboard & hiking trails. Ithaca truly is “Gorges” – there are over 100 waterfalls within 10 sq. miles of Ithaca (http://visitithaca.com)
- Don’t miss the 35th downtown Ithaca Apple Fest (9/29-10/1) and Cider Week Finger Lakes (9/29-10/8) celebrating the current cider revival in the USA, events happening throughout the Finger Lakes.
- Visit Lively Run Goat Farm & Creamery in Interlaken, one of the longest operating commercial goat dairies in the country offering tastings, tours & a gift shop.
- Check out Iron Kettle Farm located in Candor, about 1 hour south of the cabin. With pumpkin displays, hayrides, corn maze, and more it’s fall fun for all ages.
- Visit a local U-Pick Apple farm – Indian Creek Farm (Ithaca) & Kingtown Orchard (Trumansburg) offer picking through Nov.
- Experience farm-fresh local food prepared by a Finger Lakes chef paired with premium wines at the Knapp Winery Restaurant’s monthly Harvest Dinners.
- It’s a stone’s throw to the Boathouse Beer Garden, 1 mile no. of the cabin, with 24 on-tap brews and ciders and wine by the glass. Live music every Friday and Saturday with food for sale. The BBG’s 3rd annual Beer Fest happens 10/7.
- Wind down your fun-filled day with a relaxing campfire at the Cayuga Lake Cabins firepit.